The Wheat Ridge Cultural Commission also:
- Makes recommendations to the Mayor, City Manager and City Council on matters relating to cultural arts;
- Develops cultural arts programs and promotes artistic endeavors;
- Fosters positive relationships with community members and entities interested in supporting cultural arts;
- Provides a communication forum and is a resource for artists;
- Seeks community input on the implementation and management of public art and;
- Assists the City with grant proposal and fundraising activities as directed by the City Manager.
Poet in Residence, Anderson Park Dedication Poem.
See the "Greetings From Wheat Ridge" slideshow here.
The “Many Colors of Wheat Ridge” signature quilt was created by Cultural Commissioner Milly Nadler in celebration of the City’s 50th Anniversary. Signatures include those of community members and City leaders.
To promote culture and the arts, to oversee public art, and to provide art enrichment opportunities to benefit the residents of the City.
Wheat Ridge Cultural Vision 2018
Approved Resolution 2018
Find us on Facebook at Wheat Ridge Cultural Events
Subscribe to Notify Me-Updates on changes to this page as well as special events notices
Second Wednesday of every month at 6 p.m.
Wheat Ridge Recreation Center
4005 Kipling St.
Meetings are open to the public
- Diane Robb - Chair, District I Representative
- Jessica Schwartz Opens a New Window. - District I Representative
- Milly Nadler - District II Representative
- Jill Shannon Opens a New Window. - District II Representative
- David Opp Opens a New Window. - District III Representative
- Jerith Gronski Opens a New Window. - District III Representative
- Vacant Opens a New Window. V. Ruth Baranowski - District IV Representative
- Carol Mathews Opens a New Window. - District IV Representative
- Gay Porter DeNileon - At Large Representative