The Wheat Ridge Cultural Commission also:
- Makes recommendations to the Mayor, City Manager and City Council on matters relating to cultural arts;
- Develops cultural arts programs and promotes artistic endeavors;
- Fosters positive relationships with community members and entities interested in supporting cultural arts;
- Provides a communication forum and is a resource for artists;
- Seeks community input on the implementation and management of public art and;
- Assists the City with grant proposal and fundraising activities as directed by the City Manager.
To promote culture and the arts, to oversee public art, and to provide art enrichment opportunities to benefit the residents of the City.
Wheat Ridge Cultural Vision 2018
Approved Resolution 2018
Find us on Facebook at Wheat Ridge Cultural Events
Subscribe to Notify Me-Updates on changes to this page as well as special events notices
Second Wednesday of every month at 6 p.m.
Wheat Ridge Recreation Center
4005 Kipling St.
Meetings are open to the public
Artist In Resident-Cultural Commission Seeks Poet for 2019-20
The Wheat Ridge Cultural Commission is looking for a community member who enjoys writing poetry. The first year of the Artist in Residence program, the selected poet will be asked to write six poems to read at various Wheat Ridge events celebrating the 50th anniversary of the City’s incorporation. These poems will also be posted to the City of Wheat Ridge social media accounts as well as the City’s Connections newsletter. In 2020, the poet will be expected to conduct outreach workshops at several Wheat Ridge schools. Poetry should inspire the community and be accessible to a diverse population as well as be an expression of the City’s civic spirit. A $1,000 stipend accompanies this residency, to be distributed over the two years.
The following materials are required:
Letter of Interest and Qualifications, not to exceed two pages. This should include:
- a. Interest in this project
- b. Interest in the City of Wheat Ridge
- c. The Poet’s inspiration
- d. Resume pertaining to poetry writing
- e. Contact information including full name, home address, phone number and email address.
- Submit one 8-12 line poem on the topic: “How Does Wheat Ridge Inspire You?”
- Submit 2-3 additional poems
Preference will be given to Wheat Ridge residents or those with a Wheat Ridge connection. Submit to Cultural@ci.wheatridge.co.us using the subject line “Poetry” by November 5, 2018.
- Diane Robb - Chair, District I Representative
- Jessica Schwartz Opens a New Window. - District I Representative
- Milly Nadler - District II Representative
- Jill Shannon Opens a New Window. - District II Representative
- David Opp Opens a New Window. - District III Representative
- Jerith Gronski Opens a New Window. - District III Representative
- Valerie Nosler Beck Opens a New Window. - District IV Representative
- Carol Mathews Opens a New Window. - District IV Representative
- Gay Porter DeNileon - At Large Representative